Pacific Lutheran currently has a full six year accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Accreditation follows a continuous process of school self-improvement and occurs on a six year cycle. Areas including school governance, curriculum and instruction, student support services and resource management (budget) are examined and validated by 3-6 person WASC visiting team reports.
The 2011 WASC Visiting Committee's Report can be found here.
Some highlights from the 2011 WASC Visiting Committee Report can be found below.
1. PLHS has a clear sense of purpose.
2. PLHS has a committed Christian staff and Christian role models.
3. PLHS has a strong relationship with parents, supporting congregations, and a volunteer board.
4. PLHS has an autonomous nature as a small Christian school with an ability to adapt to new things quickly.
5. PLHS’s limited resources help to create innovation.
6. PLHS has high academic standards.
7. PLHS is a school community that is collegial and cohesive.
8. PLHS has a well qualified teaching staff that continues to work to improve teaching skills.
9. PLHS board members are Christians with experience in leadership with knowledge of educational theories or previous work as teachers or in community outreach.
10. PLHS provides the opportunity for continued education to their teaching staff with Title II funds and by encouraging their attendance at conferences and professional growth sessions.
11. PLHS is a multiethnic and culturally diverse campus.
12. PLHS recognizes and rewards high academic achievement and has established a chapter of the National Honor Society.
13. PLHS has a clear Christian-based code of conduct and mandates mutual respect.
14. PLHS assesses student achievement via several media and works to improve those areas where change is indicated as necessary.
15. PLHS engages all of its stakeholders in achieving the expected school-wide learning results.
16. PLHS has developed an Action Plan for future school improvement.
Pacific Lutheran High School
2150 Sepulveda Blvd
Torrance CA 90501